Date: 18 May 2009
These foods can be taken with meals or between meals
- Green vegetables like bayam (spinach), sawi, kangkong, all kinds of ulam
- Other vegetables like french beans, long beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, cucumber, lettuce, mushrooms, onions, peppers, radish, tomatoes, carrots, lady's fingers, brinjals, beet root, green peas
- Clear and vegetable-based soups
- Unsweetened tea, coffee, barley water, plain mineral water, lime and lemon juice
- Condiments like spices, chilli powder, curry powder, herbs, pepper, ginger, soya sauce, vinegar, asam java, rasam
- Protein like fish, egg and low-fat meat. It is good to have one serving of fish or low-fat meat at every meal.
- Artificial sweeteners in tablet form.